I’d like to take a commercial break before returning to my regularly scheduled blogposts of “fruits of my hands” and share an intriguing idea suggested by a friend’s blogpost. Cari, over at The Printed Peach, created a very ambitious list of things that she wanted to have accomplished by a certain age. Cari sparked an idea in me. I’ve struggled lately with knowing what direction to take next, what project to start, what skill to learn, what mountain to climb. I was particularly impressed by her “strikethroughs”. Do I have anything that I can cross off my list? Have I accomplished anything in my life?
The answers were indeed in the list! Understand that I will turn 50 in a couple of years and have several more years on Cari, so don’t judge either of us. I remembered being 21 and started my list there. Some things are from that time in my life and some are from last week. Laugh along with me as I celebrate with myself.
Fall in love Get married Get a full-time job with benefits Have a baby Buy a car Buy a house
- Visit a Europe.
Fly in a plane Learn to ride a motorcycle Get my motorcycle license Learn to sew Learn to quilt Learn to crochet
- Learn to tat
Learn to make baskets Learn calligraphy
- Wear jeans (again)
- Buy clothes off the rack (again)
- Wear cowboy boots (again)
- Line dance
Get my concealed weapon permit
- Shoot a bow
Visit Florida Visit California
- Visit the Biltmore
- Visit Alaska
Meet a celebrity Compete in a 5k
- Learn photoshop
- Create my own brand
- Develop the perfect logo
- Make my own label
- Be a successful blogger
- Design the perfect line of purses
- Write and market my own sewing patterns
- Write a sewing book
Read a e-book
- See a broadway show
Go to the opera
Have a sewing/crafting/design studio
- Have my own business selling homemade dog treats
- Grow a garden.
- Buy & wear fancy lingerie in some color other than beige, black, white, or grey from Victoria Secret
- Own a designer leather bag
- Learn to swim
- Play a mandolin
- Ride amusement park rides
- Find the perfect “lost art” and learn it from a master craftsman to carry on the tradition.
- Assist Max in creating his food product business and give tours through his factory.
Leave a Reply