On the third day of my sewing challenge, I decided to act on lessons learned from Day #1. I sat down with patterns, notes and pen to perform a postmortem on the two garments I constructed.
First, I traced new pattern pieces using the latest alternations. I made notes both on the patterns and in my client notebook concerning changes made to the patterns to reach the final garment. I documented, with dates, the final garments produced so that should I want to re-create the flamingo t-shirt dress, I will know exactly which steps I took.
Next, I folded each pattern piece neatly and placed it into a zippered plastic storage bag. Then I labeled each bag with the client’s name. This I learned: It only takes a few minutes to follow through on the sewing process.
There it is! You heard it here first. I cleaned up my projects, made appropriate notes and put everything away so that it can be found next time. Now for the rest of the mess in my sewing studio…..
Leave a Reply